Vegan Lemon Loaf Cake (w/Extra Lemon-y Zing) 🍋
This recipe is AMAZING! Has a great lemon pop and is super moist. It was a HUGE crowd pleaser for our family gathering and wowed my MIL who wanted something light to enjoy for her birthday and Mother's Day.
*Loaf is still yummy without the glaze if you're avoiding excess sugar.
Recipe inspiration: BePlantWell
(I did Organic ingredients for all)
- 1 3/4 cups Organic all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 baking soda
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup melted EV coconut oil
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (you'll need either 5 small lemons or 3 large for recipe)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Lemon zest (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil loaf pan with coconut oil
- Add dry ingredients to large bowl. Mix.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix evenly.
- Transfer batter to loaf pan and bake 35-40 min, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Make glaze by combining ingredients in small bowl, stir until smooth
- Remove loaf from oven and cool
- Pour glaze over cake once cool and let it set/dry
- Garnish with lemon zest