Maple Granola (Better macros, LOWER in sugar & DELICIOUS!)
Ever get disturbed with how much sugar AND carbs are in granola you find at the grocery store? Ever notice MOST granola contains GMO soy or bad oils? Try this homemade recipe. It not only is easy peasy, but it is a heavenly Oat-ey Maple taste, packed with Superfoods!
Prep time: 15 minutes . Bake time: 20-25 minutes Total: 35-40 minutes
- 3 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup flax seed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 TBSP coconut sugar
- 1-2 TSP cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the oats, nuts, seeds, sugar, cinnamon and coconut flakes in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the vanilla, coconut oil (melted), salt and maple syrup together.
- Combine small bowl into large bowl Mix together until the maple syrup mixture seems to be evenly spread.
- Then on two cookie sheets, spread out your granola mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. It took 23 minutes for mine.
- Let cool. Then store in a sealed off container for a maximum of 2 weeks.
This recipe is CUSTOMIZABLE. You can add or remove as you please.
Macros per Serving:
Serving size 1/2 cup
- 188 calories
- 22g carbs
- 10g fat
- 4.5g protein
- 8.6g sugar
- 4g fiber
You can also try making it with 1/2 the above oil and maple syrup. I've tried it and it still tastes good, but does not bind together as well. Macros as such would be: 165 calories per half cup, 19.5g carbs, 8.5g fat, 4.5g protein, and 4.5g fiber (net carbs of 15g per half cup which would be amazing for granola!)